Procurement Compliance & Counseling
We counsel clients on all aspects of government contracts, cooperative agreements, and grants. We help them negotiate terms, manage intellectual property, submit claims, respond to audits, and navigate performance and termination disputes. We also help clients buy and sell government contracting businesses, assisting with due diligence, regulatory clearances, foreign ownership issues, and contract novations.
We have helped a wide range of companies achieve their goals, from the largest defense contractors and multinationals to small veteran-owned businesses seeking their first contract.
Our past work includes
- Drafting a special security agreement for a multinational company that enabled it to mitigate foreign ownership and control issues and obtain the facility security clearance it needs to bid on classified government contracts.
- Helping a large computer manufacturer protect its proprietary cost data in the face of government and higher-tier contractor demands.
- Counseling non-U.S. companies on compliance with the “Buy American” rules.
- Creating a compliance and ethics program for a worldwide construction contractor that enabled it to bid for U.S.-funded development projects.
- Counseling multiple small and disadvantaged businesses on participation in the Small Business Administration’s Section 8(a) program and similar preference programs.
- Advising an aerospace company on its compliance with organizational conflict of interest rules and structuring its operations to minimize and mitigate potential conflicts.
- Advising an international development NGO on compliance with economic sanctions and anti-terrorism rules.